Friday, September 9, 2011
What are eyelash extensions?
What is the application process?For a full set of lashes the whole process takes approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours. During that time you will be comfortably reclined, with your eyes closed, while the eyelashes are individually applied to your natural eyelashes.
How long do the eyelash extensions last?Eyelash extensions can last up to 6-8 weeks with proper care, and depending on your own natural growth cycle for your natural lashes. Touch-ups (or fills) are generally needed every 3-4 weeks to maintain full looking lashes.
After Care InstructionsIn order to maintain your new lashes, please make sure to do the following:
• Avoid washing your eyes or taking shower and crying, sweating, and steaming for 24 hours after lash application.
• No swimming or going to a spa for 48 hours after lash application to allow adequate time for bonding.
• Be gentle with lashes.
• Avoid rubbing and pulling the eyelash extensions.
• Avoid oil-based and waterproof mascara. Regular mascara is not recommended, as it will dissolve the extension’s bond with the natural lashes.
• Only specially formulated mascaras can be worn. Gently remove mascara with water-based eye makeup remover and apply mascara on the tips only.
• Avoid any creams, eye makeup removers, lotions, sunscreens or cleansers containing oils on or near eyelashes. Oils can loosen the bond of the extensions. Care must be taken to apply eye cream sparingly with avoidance of the lash line area.
• Do NOT use an eyelash curler on your extensions.
Posted by Hot Lashes at 8:56 PM